Spicy Ranch Snack MixOctober 11, 2013 at 10:12 am | Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment
Tags: ranch goldfish, ranch pretzels, ranch snack mix, spicy pretzels, spicy ranch pretzels, spicy ranch snack mix
When I was a kid, a neighborhood mom made “ranch oyster crackers” – they were amazing!! When I asked for the recipe, I was surprised to learn that they contained only 4 ingredients – the crackers, dry ranch dressing mix, oil, and dill. You just combined all the ingredients and baked them at low heat – and they were a totally addictive snack!
This grown-up version is just as good, but with a little more kick. The lemon pepper is almost as tangy as the cayenne, so taste and add seasonings according to your preference. I often increase the lemon pepper. And if you really want to make these special, use the butter-flavored popcorn oil!
- 1/4 cup oil – any kind will do but if you want to make it REALLY good, use butter-flavored popcorn oil
- 1 1-ounce package of dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1 6-ounce package of cheddar goldfish
Preheat your oven to 250.
Combine the oil and seasonings. Add the pretzels and goldfish and stir to fully coat. Spread the mixture out onto a rimmed cookie sheet and toast for about 20 minutes, stirring at the halfway mark.
Allow to cool and you’re done!